> For the past 3 days we have had workstations (not all, but about 50%)on
> every floor lose connectivity to the network, whereby all of our NT and
> NetWare servers are unavailable and web browsing is gone.  This has
happened
> a total of 6 times, and there doesn't appear to be a pattern to the time
or
> network utilization.  Most times the users have to reboot, though
sometimes
> they can reconnect without a reboot.
>
> Can anyone help steer me in the right direction?  Our WAN guys can't help,
> and I have a feeling that it's going to be up to me to figure this one
out.

> Thanks a lot.
>
> --Don

You will need to do troubleshooting at two levels here(Network and Datalink.
When these users loose connectivity, what is the furthest that they can
reach (traceroute out to the NET, see how far they got, from the
workstation).  You can also do some datalink layer troubleshooting by having
a console logging one of the 5505's for example.  This could be spanning
tree pruning.  Has any new equipment been added, any new ports turned up in
the past 3 days ?

Can the users ping one another, can they ping the switch.  Can you reach the
switch?