Hi

Here is a quick product run down for you

PIX 506 - Fixed configuration of 2 Fast Ethernet interface, 32MB RAM & 8MB
Flash and no space for VPN acceleration. This unit is ideal for 99% of what
you will be asked in the MCNS, PIX Fundamentals & PIX Advanced exams.

All the remaining PIX units coma es follows:
a. 515, 525 & 535 come with 16Mb flash, support VPN accelrator cards and
support failover. NOTE Failover only works if you buy the Unrestricted
license unit.

b. 515 & 525 come with 2 FE interfaces

c. Memory
515 = 32 or 64MB
525 = 128 or 256MB
535 = 512 or 1024MB

d. Processor - subject to change
506 & 515 = 200MHz
525 = 350MHz
535 = 1.0GHz

Unrestricted & Restricted relates to the number of simulatneous sessions
supported by each PIX. The values for restruicted vary accoridng to the box
and memory installed. You need to check on cco to see what the current
values are.

For failover you must use the UR license.

Pricing - If you buy a failover bundle i.e. a pair of PIX firewalls then you
should find the 2nd unit is about 1/3 the price opf the 1st unit if you buy
them together.

Having done MCNS, CPFF, CPFA, CSIDS, CSVPN & CISSP, I would
suggest/recommend you concentrate on the following areas for MCNS & PIX. BTW
as I do training on this stuff I take the exams about once every 8 weeks
just so I know what Cisco/promteric are up to.

a. The how & why of developing a corporate security policy
b. IKE, ISAKMP & PKI especially the hashing functions and when they are
applied and the process of developing a VPN.
c. PIX commands to know inside out and back to front apart from getting the
Boson tests, although these are easier than the real thing. WARNING the PIX
tests especially are very badly written and ambiguous, but here are some
pointers
clear xlate
nat0
crypto....
aaa new-model
user & configuration mode commands and how to switch between the two
Difference between commands for firewall & IOS firewall feature set
Understand failover process and timeings, cable length
Get to know which models support how many interfaces.
Make sure you know PIX software pre version 6 as the exam has not taken V6
into account yet.

BTW I would suggest you do MCNS, the 2 PIX and CSVPN as that really only
involves 1 lot of revision. CSIDS on the other hand well i hope you know
your Solaris.

Good luck and if you want any more help then please feel free to contact me
offline on [EMAIL PROTECTED]