1) Pinouts for the 9 pin "D" serial port adapter to RJ-45 jack and for the
rollover cable will be in the CCO documentation for the 2500 series router.
Consider buying a console cable kit on eBay.
2) On CCO go to the TAC page. Look under Top Issues to find Password
Recovery.
3) Todd Lammle's book is a great place to start. There are tons of sample
configs on CCO for free. You can also buy books.
4) See if you can acquire some additional routers. The routing scenarios
need three or more boxes to adaquately demonstrate the lesson.