Yes it is possible here.  Here is a sample configuration that I have
running on a pair of Cat6509 with Sup2 MSFC2:

Switch One
--------------------------------------
interface Vlan340
 ip address 10.120.4.3 255.255.255.0
 no ip redirects
 standby 34 priority 99 preempt
 standby 34 ip 10.120.4.1

interface Vlan350
 ip address 10.120.5.2 255.255.255.0
 no ip redirects
 standby 35 preempt
 standby 35 ip 10.120.5.1

Switch Two
--------------------------------------
interface Vlan340
 ip address 10.120.4.2 255.255.255.0
 no ip redirects
 standby 34 preempt
 standby 34 ip 10.120.4.1

interface Vlan350
 ip address 10.120.5.3 255.255.255.0
 no ip redirects
 standby 35 priority 99 preempt
 standby 35 ip 10.120.5.1

For layer two configuration, I have the gigabit ports on the sup
connected as ISL trunks with backbone fast.  Servers are dual niced into
each chassis.

Perry J. Lucas