At 10:01 PM 8/3/2001 -0400, Chuck Larrieu wrote:
>as someone who once was in the position of managing help desk and system
>admins, I have to butt in and say that the toughest problem I had in that
>respect was getting people to think for themselves. I had employees whose
>answer to everything was to reformat the hard drive, or reboot the "modem"
>  the net CSU's ) or worse yet come and ask me how to solve the problem (
why
>do I need you if I'm doing all the work anyway? )
>
>it could well be that the subordinates in question are lacking clue of any
>kind.
>
>Chuck

I will claim temporary timezone insanity here in England, but you remind me
of
one of the rejected plot lines in the movie "Pretty Woman".  Julia Roberts
was
to have been taken to the Gardening and Fine Arts Society to shine, but,
alas,
became a social and intellectual failure there.

Proving the adage, "you can lead a horticulture but you can't make her
think."