Hello,

I was following some examples in my BSCN study guide, but it didn't do as it
should (I think).

With three routers, A & B in an EIGRP AS and A & C in an OSPF AS.

Router C has two loopback interfaces.

 [RouterB]---eigrp---[RouterA]---ospf---[RouterC]=Two Loopback Interfaces

I did a redistribute on Router A from OSPF to EIGRP, and I could now see
Router C's two loopback networks on Router B as "D EX".

So far so good.

Now, I did a distribute-list on Router A to deny one of the loopback
networks to be distributed to the EIGRP AS.

And I waited, and I waited, and I waited, but the two networks kept being
shown on Router B.

The default hold-down time should be 15 seconds, since the connection was 64
kbps, but still after 10 minutes, both network showed up.

After I on Router A removed the redistribution and added it again, it
finally only showed the one (permitted) loopback network address in my
routing table on Router B.

This weird problem occured again when removing the distribute-list. The
routing table on Router B did not show the other loopback network from
Router C until I had removed redistribution and added it again on Router A.

Is this normal, or could it be an error in my IOS (an old 11.x)???

Thanks in advance,

Ole

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Ole Drews Jensen