Will anyone answer these questions for me?

1)  What is the time limit for taking (scheduling) the CCIE lab after
completion of the written?  I'm asking because I have seen emails in this
group that say one year, and yet I think I've seen a web page somewhere
(Cisco??) that says 18 months for the first attempt?

2)  Is this the time within which the lab must be "taken" or is it the time
limit within which the lab must be "scheduled"?  To illustrate, if the time
limit is one year between written and lab, can I wait eleven months and 29
days to "schedule" the lab and still be legal?

A quick scan of the archives didn't provide the answer.

Jim McDowell
Copley Information services
CCNP/CCDP