replacement.

Thanks,
John

>>> "Lupi, Guy"  8/7/01 3:39:19 PM >>>
John, I don't know if you are referring to the PA-MC-T3 or to the CT
line of
cards, but both work very well, I would use those over CSU's any day.
We
use to have external CSU's for all our gear and it was a nightmare.  We
have
quite a few of the cards in production and they work very well.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Neiberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 5:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: OT: Multichannel Port Adapters [7:15159]

For those of you who have Multichannel T1 port adapters, I'm wondering
how those are working out for you and if you like that setup more than
having an external CSU/DSU.

As far as I'm concerned, I would like to eliminate our CSU/DSUs and
migrate to internal CSU/DSUs on the port adapter.  This would allow me
to remotely see exactly what's happening on the line and it would also
allow me to do my own bit error rate testing.

Then again, if a single interface goes bad I have to replace the
entire
port adapter and we would only have one on hand.  It wouldn't be
feasible to have a spare lying around.  Of course it would be under
maintenance, but it still takes time to replace them.  As for
CSU/DSUs,
we always have a few spare lying around.

What has your experience been with these bad boys?  Favorable?
Unfavorable?  Ambivalent?

I'm considering recommending one of these for a project but I don't
know if the pros outweigh the cons.

Thanks,
John