Oreilly's system administrator's guide is tremendously out of date, most
of their books are quite good however.  I have several, their dns/bind
book is quite good, it depends on how much detail you want.

Brian "Sonic" Whalen
Success = Preparation + Opportunity

http://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/bookinfo/bookinfo.asp?theisbn=0130206016&vm=c