I cannot test this yet (I will tonight) but I would try the following:

Enter setup mode; escape from setup; save config.  That should completely
overwrite the current config without reloading.

-----Original Message-----
From: Albert Lu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 8:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: What is the quickest way to reload a router? [7:15247]

Hello group,

A quick question. What is the quickest way to reload a router to it's
default config. I use "erase nvram" and then "reload". Is there a way of
doing this without doing the reload which can take a long while.

Thanks

Albert

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and
affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this
e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the
views of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.