I do use decimal. ;-) Just like someone else said, I do make a list such
as: 128, 192, 224, 240, 248, 252, 254, 255.

I don't get the tricks I've seen people do where they subtract from 256 (or
something like that. Since I don't get them, I can't remember them!)

Priscilla

At 11:18 AM 8/9/01, Debbie Becker wrote:
>Oh, surely not brain damaged, Priscilla!  Perhaps decimally challenged?
>

>Deb
>
>""Priscilla Oppenheimer""  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>| Well, I have to admit to never really understanding the shortcuts that I
>| have seen people use. ;-) I guess I'm brain damaged, but I have to do it
>in
>| binary.
>|
>| As far as tools are concerned, I totally agree with the person who pointed
>| out that in design meetings, you often don't have any tool handy except
>| your head. Sure, you may have an IP subnet calculator on your Palm, but
>the
>| client is going to look at you askance as you bury your head in the
>| itty-bitty screen, trying to use that silly stylus thing or Graffiti,
>| giving them no eye contact the whole time you're puttering with the tool.
>| Use your head and look professional and like you're worth the big bucks
>| that they are paying you.
>|
>| Priscilla
>|
>| At 03:52 PM 8/8/01, Debbie Becker wrote:
>| >I use decimal shortcuts most of the time as well -- but when I run across
>| >something confusing, I'll go back to binary -- it always shows me the way

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com