At 11:09 AM 8/9/01, kwock99 wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>One of my router does not recieve the routing update on RIP. Here is the
>"show
>ip protocol".

Is this the "show ip protocol" on the router that is not receiving routing
updates or on the router that is supposedly sending them?

Here are some things to check:

Are both routers using RIPv2?
Is there a split horizon issue that is suppressing the update?
Have you done anything tricky with subnet masks and VLSM?
Is there a summarization issue?

On the router that is sending but then suppressing updates, (serial
interface  70.0.0.2), what is its subnet mask? What is the address and
subnet mask of the router at the other end?

Can you send us your configs?

Priscilla

>R4#sh ip prot
>Routing Protocol is "rip"
>   Sending updates every 30 seconds, next due in 3 seconds
>   Invalid after 180 seconds, hold down 180, flushed after 240
>   Outgoing update filter list for all interfaces is not set
>   Incoming update filter list for all interfaces is not set
>   Redistributing: rip
>   Default version control: send version 2, receive version 2
>     Interface        Send  Recv   Key-chain
>     Serial0          2     2
>   Routing for Networks:
>     70.0.0.0
>     130.0.0.0
>   Routing Information Sources:
>     Gateway         Distance      Last Update
>   Distance: (default is 120)
>

>After I turn on the debug ip rip events, Here is the message:
>

>RIP: sending v2 update to 224.0.0.9 via Serial0 (70.0.0.2) - suppressing
null
>update
>RIP: sending v2 update to 224.0.0.9 via Serial0 (70.0.0.2) - suppressing
null
>update
>RIP: sending v2 update to 224.0.0.9 via Serial0 (70.0.0.2) - suppressing
null
>update
>

>Anyone knows what is wrong and how to configure the router to get the
update.

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Best regards
>Francis Tsui