This cost structure is what made isdn largely fail in california.  They
typically charge a per call connection fee plus per minute charges that
make its use as data link not worth while for a heavy user.  The
exception to this is the Centrex service.
In other states, there are of course flat fees for usage.

Brian "Sonic" Whalen
Success = Preparation + Opportunity