Sure.

1.  start at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/home/home.htm
2.  choose Cisco IOS Software - Release 12.0 (or whatever release you're
interested in - I think the Tables of Contents are close to identical from
11.3 thru 12.2, but I leave this verification as an exercise to the reader)
3.  Click on Configuration Guides and Command References
4.  Review that page - it gives the rundown on how the IOS documentation is
organized by MAJOR TOPIC and TECHNOLOGY
5.  Systematically click on every Configuration Guide link.  Behind it are
two more sets of table of contents links with more specialized topics.
Either commit them to memory or print them out, so that you at least know
where the major topics are located.
6.  When that exercise is complete, realize that the Command Reference
exactly parallels the Configuration Guide

The other way to navigate CCO is to use the Master Indexes.  That's a little
trickier, because it just dumps you into a topic page without any context.
However, the way to work your way backwards from that is to click the
CONTENTS button on the navigation bar, which will back you out into the
context and governing topics.

When searching, read the actual URL that the search engine gives you and it
will indicate what IOS Release the information is pointing to.  I usually
scroll down until I find a URL hit that has my target Release in it, and
then navigate the Configuration Guide or Command Reference from there.

Those are some of the methods I use for navigating CCO.  Does anyone else
have some helpful navigation pointers to share with us?

-e-