Hey guys,

My company is using point-to-point frame-relay (64k CIR) between an office
in NY, and an office in Malaysia (Other side of the world).
All of the Malaysian Internet access and email comes through NY first and
then out to the Internet.  It is costing us around 5k/month.
We put some voice over the frame as well...

Anyway, we are looking to get rid of the frame (for performance as well as
cost reasons) and give the other site their own connection to the Internet.
Then we will put a VPN between the two sites.
We are using WorldCom for our T1 to the Internet in the NY office.  WorldCom
does not offer Internet services in Malaysia as of right now.  However they
do offer net access in Singapore which is very close by.  We also have a
small office in Singapore that we can use...

My question is:  Would we be better off going from NY to Singapore with the
VPN because we can both stay with WorldCom and then bring a link from
Singapore into Malaysia...  Or, just go with a Malaysian service provider
for their Internet access and go from NY straight into Malaysia with the
VPN.  I've checked both options out, and both are feasible and more cost
effective than what we are doing right now.

In other words, does staying with the same provider (even on the other side
of the world) give big performance increases when dealing with VPNs?

Thanks a million in advance for any help.