From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Re: CODE RED protection ! ! ! [7:15989]

my company just got hit by code red last week. the only logical thing to
deploy on your routers is to block all access to port 80 in and out of all
the interfaces by ACL.

Unless you have the luxury of running IOS 12.1 and above on all your
routers, you will not be able to use NBAR. Deployed the ACLs onto all
interfaces to control all port 80 traffic.

Use "ip route-cache flow" and "show ip cache flow" on your interfaces to
detect the IP addresses that are propagating http traffic to port 80. You
will have to look out for port 0050 under destination port when you perform
a "show ip cache flow".

Cheers.