Usage Guidelines

The banner cannot contain more than 3,070 characters, including tabs. Tabs
display as eight characters but take only one character of memory.

That is from :
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat5000/rel_5_5/cmd_ref/
ses_sete.htm#xtocid85598

It would appear that this may vary depending on software image loaded on
the device.  Hope that helps..

-- Kevin

> Hello colleagues,
>
> I have a question regarding the Message of the Day banner on
> Cat5000/5500  switches. It looks like I am limited to 255 characters;
> do you know if this  can be changed so that I can put in a banner that
> exceeds 255 ?
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

> Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.siliconsamurai.net

This email was sent using SquirrelMail.
   "Webmail for nuts!"
http://squirrelmail.org/