They will both work just fine.  As with everything, it depends... Do you
anticipate any network changes in the future, e.g ever trunking voice?  If
so you might want to invest in an external DSU that will allow you to add
modules.  If not, then the internal one will work just fine.  One note, some
service provider techs don't like the internal ones, they seem to have
trouble looping them remotely.

-Patrick

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:45:08 -0400, Jim Jones wrote:

>  Should I have the telecom people install a CSU/DSU or can I only  use the

>  WAN CSU/DSU module on a 1720 router? Also, what is the differences in
using
>  the two options.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  xw