Keep in mind that one routes between IP subnets, not VLANs. VLANs are a
layer two concept.  From there you should be able to answer you own first
question.  In the second case, given IP subnets have unique ranges, only on
PC will be on the valid subnet and hence be able to communicate to the rest
of the network.  Neither PC will be disabled as far as I know, but only one
will function.  Using DHCP is highly recommended to overcome this manual
configuration errors, not to mention it scales better.

Pete