From:   Priscilla Oppenheimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, August 20, 2001 2:32
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: Rapid spanning-tree 802.1w [7:16524]

A search on Google discovered that Cisco has a patent for the technologies
in 802.1W!? So, I'm sure Cisco is working on support for 802.1W. See this
link:

http://standards.ieee.org/db/patents/pat802.html

A search at Cisco's site found nothing, but that's partly because their
search engine is SO AWFUL. A Cisco person yelled at me for saying this
once, but I'm sticking to my guns. The search engine at Cisco's site found
a bunch of pages with 802.1 in then, in some language other than English
that seems to use "w" as a word. Interesting, but not helpful.

Someone had a link for doing a Google search on Cisco's Web site? What was
that? Anyone still have it?

Priscilla

At 09:27 AM 8/20/01, Semion Lisyansky wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>As far as I understand UplinkFast/BackboneFast are partial
>implementation of 802.1w, Does Cisco has full implementation
>of rapid spanning-tree 802.1w? If yes, in which product, where
>can I get some more info about those products?
>Please cc me directly 'cause I'm a digest subscriber.
>
>--
>Semion Lisyansky
>

>--
>Semion Lisyansky