What would you consider interface s0.100 to be? Seems pretty logical to me.

I think you'll find that both the terms interface and port have context
sensitive meanings.  If you've ever configured a 3Com netbuilder you'll be
even more convinced of this.  I missed the rest of the thread, but I don't
see how using a term one way or another makes one a dork even though I
believe strongly in technical accuracy.  Nor do I see how inferring that
people are spineless dorks contributes positively to the learning process.

Pete