If you're getting more than a couple of those errors following a power
outage then you most likely have a problem in your CSU/DSU or your telco
has an issue.  My guess is the latter but you never know.  If you have
the means, swap out CSU/DSUs to eliminate that.  Or, as a first step
have your telco do some intrusive after-hours testing.  They're probably
going to ask you to change your equipment first.  Feel free to lie to
them if you'd like.  ;-)

Regards,
John

>>> "Marshal Schoener"  8/22/01 1:09:47 PM

I know some people have been getting upset about putting 'real world'
problems on the list, so I apologize in advance to those people :)

To make a long story short, I have 2 locations on the same NT
domain...
Both locations are connected by a T1 and 1600 routers.
Everything was fine, until Friday when there was a power outage.
Now, people in the remote location have a hard time logging into the
domain,
retrieving email, and getting resources from the main office with the
servers...
It isn't a constant problem, but more intermittent.  The users can
sometimes
logon and get their email, but they can not connect to mapped drives in
the
other location at all.
It is a point-to-point link using HDLC encapsulation.
Everything seems fine on the router, except that the remote router has
a lot
of new 'Input errors' and 'aborts'...
In fact, the exact same amount of each...  If I clear the counters,
these
errors build up rather quickly.

Any opinions on what this can be?  Perhaps a local provider issue, or
hardware issue?
  Thanks a million in advance...

PS.  This is actually a topic on the support exam for CCNP, so it
should be
useful for everyone :-)