Strangely enough, I just purchased a 5-port 10/100 switch from them and
it arrived with no problems.  Perhaps they just don't really want to
sell hubs!  I tried to purchase a 5-port 10/100 hub from a company (also
for a sniffer application) and they kept trying to convince me that I
really wanted a switch.  It took a couple of minutes of arguing with
them to convince them I knew what I was talking about.  Arg!

In this case, it appears that Comready decided that you really didn't
want a hub, since switches are better, right?

John

>>> "Priscilla Oppenheimer"  8/23/01 12:29:48 PM

Just a quick warning:

Don't buy from ComReady. I ordered a NetCruiser 10/100 hub. For my
application (connecting a Sniffer), I really needed a hub.

They sent a Kingston (not even the same manufacturer) switch. I was
furious. Now, I'm fighting with their weird procedures for sending it
back
and getting a refund. Switch, hub: what's the difference? Please don't

really answer that. ;-)

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com