I think this is actually more of a CCNP troubleshooting question.  Think
about the type of media you're dealing with.  Collisions happen on media
that allow multiple devices to speak at the same time.  If the media or
topology does not allow multiple access then you cannot have
collisions.

On most serial links, you are running full duplex with only two
devices.  This makes it impossible to have collisions.  They just don't
apply in this situation.  Heck, even in situations where you can run
half-duplex serial I don't know what happens when both stations transmit
at the same time.  I've never personally experienced a half-duplex
serial link, I've just heard that they exist.

HTH,
John

>>> "Wright, Jeremy"  8/23/01 2:31:12 PM >>>
Can you have collisions on a serial link?   Thanks again.