Hi All,

Cisco 2500 have the factory-default setting of 0x2102 for the register.
This will boot from the IOS image on the flash WITH the configuration on the
NVRAM.  I wonder what other value I can use beside this 0x2102?

My original problem was that I just upgraded the IOS for this Cisco 2500
router.  The upgrade was successfully.  I got the correct checksum.  The
register setting was then changed back t the factory-default 0x2102 (changed
to 0x2141 for booting from Boot mode to upgrade the image).  However, when I
rebooted the router, the router kept reseting itself.  I wonder if there is
any other value beside 0x2102  that I can use for the register to let the
router boot from the flash with the configuration?  The router was also
hardware upgrade with:

- Boot ROM = 11.0(10c)
- 16MB flash
- 16MB memory

The new IOS image is IP/H.323 version 12.2(1)

Thomas N.