From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Patrick Donlon
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 7:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Logging debug messages [7:17107]

I'm having a strange problem with a 2600 running 12.2(1a), after a short
period of time (30 to 60 mins) the router will stop logging messages to the
vty lines with terminal monitor. I can perform a show logging history and
see the last message in the history but nothing is display as it happens,
some details below have a look and if anyone can see what's wrong let me
know,

cheers Pat

 #sh logging
Syslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 1 messages rate-limited, 0
flushes, 0 overruns)
    Console logging: level debugging, 152 messages logged
    Monitor logging: level debugging, 233 messages logged
        Logging to: vty66(0)
    Buffer logging: disabled
    Logging Exception size (4096 bytes)
    Trap logging: level informational, 19 message lines logged

#sh logging history
Syslog History Table:1 maximum table entries,
saving level warnings or higher
 16 messages ignored, 0 dropped, 0 recursion drops
 4 table entries flushed
 SNMP notifications not enabled
   entry number 5 : PARSER-3-BADSUBCMD
    Unrecognized subcommand 0 in exec command 'test crypto isa x.x.x.x
x.x.x.x desmd5 '
    timestamp: 699958