>It's the entire class! When this was done, people didn't thing that Internet
>would grow so much and address space was considered to be enormous, so they
>just decide to reserve the entire class for loopback..
>
>Ednilson Rosa

I stand corrected, although I have seen router implementations that
will only trash 127.0.0.1 specifically.  From RFC 1812:

5.3.7 Martian Address Filtering

    An IP source address is invalid if it is a special IP address, as
    defined in 4.2.2.11 or 5.3.7, or is not a unicast address.

    An IP destination address is invalid if it is among those defined as
    illegal destinations in 4.2.3.1, or is a Class E address (except
    255.255.255.255).

    A router SHOULD NOT forward any packet that has an invalid IP source
    address or a source address on network 0.  A router SHOULD NOT
    forward, except over a loopback interface, any packet that has a
    source address on network 127.  A router MAY have a switch that
    allows the network manager to disable these checks.  If such a switch
    is provided, it MUST default to performing the checks.

    A router SHOULD NOT forward any packet that has an invalid IP
    destination address or a destination address on network 0.  A router
    SHOULD NOT forward, except over a loopback interface, any packet that
    has a destination address on network 127.  A router MAY have a switch
    that allows the network manager to disable these checks.  If such a
    switch is provided, it MUST default to performing the checks.

    If a router discards a packet because of these rules, it SHOULD log
    at least the IP source address, the IP destination address, and, if
    the problem was with the source address, the physical interface on
    which the packet was received and the Link Layer address of the host
    or router from which the packet was received.