I'm not sure I understand the question and I can interpret it a couple
of ways.

Are you asking if you can have a different IP address on each end of
the link?  If so, why would you consider doing that?  Is there some
problem that you're trying to solve?  Since I'm pretty sure you don't
mean that, let's move on.

I'm not sure why you're asking if you can configure them to pass along
keepalives.  By that, do you mean you want to only pass keepalives but
no network information?  As soon as you configure OSPF and these two
routers become neighbors they will begin sending keepalives.

Perhaps you should approach this from the top down instead of bottom
up.  What is the main thing you're trying to accomplish?  Let us know
the big picture and it will be easier to help you out.

Regards,
John

>>> "Robert Perez"  8/28/01 10:10:20 AM >>>
Hi all,

If I setup OSPF between two routers in two different states, one with
192.168.* address and the other with a 10.10.* address; Is it possible
have these setup as neighbors so that they pass along keepalive
messages
with each other such as the Hello/Dead intervals?

Bob Perez
EPX Network Support
302-326-0700  x4242
Cell     302-420-6883