I just got off the phone with Robin from Cisco's CCIE team. Here is a
synopsis of that conversation.
1. Halifax, San Jose, RTP are all running neck-and-neck for dates. Sometime
in May 2002 is first available.
2. Anyone scheduled for a date after Oct 1 will automatically receive a
One-Day Lab, even if you scheduled a Two-day Lab. In fact they are still
scheduling Two-Day'ers.
3. Sometime in mid-to-end Oct they will release the freed up dates,
resulting from Labs scheduled for two days that are now only one day. I
guess you pick which day you want, I didn't ask that, just thought of it.
This means that there will be a lot of open spots.
4. You cannot request a date for a one-day lab until all the dates are freed
up. So start your engines, put that number in speed dial, and bookmark that
page, the race is ON. In October some lucky fool could potentially, call on
a Tuesday and stand on a Saturday for the CCIE lab. Unbelievable. Rashid are
you listening you could call right after the proctor is done chatting with
you, almost like a double booking.
5. It takes at least 5-to-7 business days for the information to make it
from Prometric/Vue into the CCIE database. (Despite what the WEB page says)
Been itching to schedule for a long time (39 yrs pre written, 6 days post
written). Little personal issue there.
6. You may be able to move up once the one-day schedule is released, Robin
was unclear on this point, she stated they were going to see how the program
phases in. The operative word here is "may".
7. Paul B. may want to relax his restrictions on gaining access to the CCIE
list in light of the ambiguity surrounding scheduling issues. If I schedule
now, I have to wait till May 2002, someone can wait and call after Oct 2001
and stand the lab in a short amount of time. This person that waits
technically won't be able to access the list but he would go to the lab
within the three month time frame. That is just one scenario. Paul what say
yee about those of us that have passed the written  but are in this Lab
scheduling quandry.
Don