Group,

I see that there has been a couple discussions of ISDN DDR.  I just thought
i'd let you guys/gals know how I've done DDR in my home lab.

Went out to ebay and bought a couple of USR 33.6 External modems, a teltone
(tls-4) POTS simulator, and used a couple crossover cables and an adapater
or two.

This type of setup is very simple, easy to wire, and from what i've done so
far, it works great.  Mind you, I can't configure ISDN Spid's or
switch-types but I do get to use modem configuration and chat-scripts so
it's a balance.  Instead of configuring a bri with a dialer, i use a async
with a dialer. Not a big deal.

The price of the two modems was about $18 shipped.
The Teltone TLS-4 was $125
and I made the cables and had some spare db25 to rj45 adapters (to plug the
rj45 into the modems)

I think this is a great idea for anyone going for the CCIE and wanted to get
good at DDR, snapshot routing, or just using old-school 33.6 modems *grin*

Take care all!

Tim