Susan,

Some ways to check if  your ISDN is connected are:

1. show dialer
Output should look similiar to this:

Router #show dialer interface bri 0
BRI0 - dialer type = ISDN
DIAL String     Successess    Failures   Last called
Last status
0 incoming call(s) have been screened.
BRI0: B-Channel 1
Idle timer (120 secs), Fast idle timer (20 secs)
Wait for carrier (30 secs), Re-enable (15 secs)
Dialer state is data link layer up
Dial reason: ip (s=6.1.1.8, d=6.1.1.1)

Interface bound to profile Dialer0

********* Pay attention to this area of the output****

Time until disconnect 102 secs
Current call connected 00:00:19
Connected to 5773872 (system1)

BRI0: B-Channel 2
Idle timer (120 secs), Fast idle timer (20 secs)
Wait for carrier (30 secs), Re-enable (15 secs)
Dialer state is idle

Also look at your interface itself. If the ISDN is
active, the interface will show UP/UP. Rather than
UP/DOWN or UP/UP/SPOOFING, depending on how you have
the interface configured.

Here is a good link on the Cisco web page, that has
configuration tips, troubleshooting, etc.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/index.shtml#isdn

Good Luck

Debbie

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/