From: Ed Horley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 12:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Adding NIC to the PIX ?? [7:17691]

Here is the link for the hardware portion:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_60/install/boa
rd.htm

Watch the wrap.  This covers the 535, 525, 520, 515 for upgrading circuit
boards (NICs).  In a pinch I have used standard Intel NICs in the PIX 520 to
get it up and going and swapped them out after the "offical" parts came in.
I believe to keep your SmartNET contract it requires that you have Cisco
purchased parts.  They give you Intel NICs in the PIX anyway so you should
be safe.  I have no idea if there is a change in licensing or not.

Regards,
Ed