From: Tony van Ree [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 8:39 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Logging traffic [7:17559]

Hi,

Depends on what your are really trying to achieve.  If you have plenty of
head room in your router you could just add stuuf to an access-list and send
the list to a syslog.  Cheap nasty but a good way to solve issues.

access-list 101 permit icmp any any log
access-list 101 permit tcp any any lt 100 log
access-list 101 permit tcp any any gt 99 log
access-list 101 permit udp any any lt 100 log
access-list 101 permit udp any any gt 99 log

The trick is to put the port numbers in (lt 100 etc) this will then tell you
what address/port is talking to address/port.

If you put this at the end of an existing access-list in place of the permit
ip any any you should get what you need.

On a busy link however this generates heaps of information but it is a nice
way to find what you don't want on your network

BE AWARE OF ANY PRIVACY ISSUES THAT MIGHT ARISE DOING THIS SORT OF STUFF.

Just a thought,

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania
Australia