In all the other protocols except for BGP the network statement
enables the said routing protocol on all interfaces that are connected
to said network.  In BGP the network statement is used to tell BGP which
networks you wish to announce to your neighbors.  You are limited to 255
(I think) network statements under BGP.

  Dave

Ray Smith wrote:

> Could some please break down to me in layman terms how the Network
statement
> (eg., Network x.x.x.x) in BGP differs from that used in RIP, IGRP or EIGRP?
> I am not exactly clear on the differences on how they are used.
>
> Ray

David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer
CCIE# 2016
Qwest Communications Int. Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
612-664-3367

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"