From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
John Neiberger
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 11:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Yet another silly CCIE lab prep question [7:17716]

I apologize in advance for posting this.  I know we get a couple of
these a week, it seems, but I don't want to leave any bases uncovered.
Here is what it looks like I'm going to end up with at home:

(2) 2501
2504
2513
2522
4000 (with two serial interfaces)
Catalyst 1200  (yes, that's right, I said a 1200!!)
Token Ring MAU
Blackbox switch (instead of 2509 or 2511)

I'm hoping that the 1200 will be able to handle most of the switching
chores.  It can't do ISL trunking and it's only low speed, but I get
experience with that kind of stuff at work.  I won't be able to do
etherchannel, but I don't have any routers or other switches so that's
not relevant here.

I still plan on getting a day or two of lab time up at University of
Colorado at $500/day.  I also may get in a day or two at the local Cisco
office (keep your fingers crossed).

For my home lab, though, if I manage to find some lab scenarios to
study with that only use a few routers, have I already shot myself in
the foot?  Will I *need* to get more or will this suffice?

I will also be getting an ISDN simulator but that's going to have to
wait for a few months.

Any advice?

Thanks!

John