From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Tom Richs
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 1:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: VPN throughput [7:17943]

I have a T1 coming into my VPN 3000 Concentrator.  When I dialup to the
Internet and get a connection rate of 50.6 Kbps and then VPN into the
corporate LAN via this connection the throughput is slower than if I dialed
directly into the corporate LAN via a direct dialup and getting a connection
rate of 28.0 Kbps.  I know that there's some overhead involve with VPN and
it's encryption but this throughput doesn't sound right.  Any input/advice
would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Tom