Hi All,

My 6509 has dual Supervisor Engines and dual MSFC cards.  It runs in Hyrid
mode.  I plan to upgrade the IOS of the MSFC cards only, NOT the Supervisor
Engines.  I wonder:

1. Is IOS version of MSFC dependent on the CATOS version of Supervisor
Engine?
2. When I reset after the upgrade, do I have to reset the whole module
(Supervisor Engine + MSFC) or just the MSFC?  If I cannot reset only the
MSFC, in what mode should I issue the reset command?  CATOS or IOS in this
case (IOS is in session 15 or 16)? Will this reset both the Supervisor and
the MSFC?
3. Should I not losing the configuration which I assumed they're saved in
NVRAM of the MSFC or Sup. Engine?

Again,  Thanks much to All!!!

Thomas N.