In a message dated 9/2/01 3:22:41 AM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< Subj:     not getting any thing from console [7:18219]
 Date:  9/2/01 3:22:41 AM Central Daylight Time
 From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ahmed Mamoor Amimi)
 Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 hi all ,
         3 of my routers are not getting anything from its consoles ... here
 is the detail below.

 Problem:
 Not getting any type of data from my 2501 router's console but con config
 from AUX.

 observation:
 1- When I power up  the router Its goes apparently normal through the
 booting process and  after 30 sec. Light the GREEN OK light on the back of
 the router.
 2- When I attach WAN serial cable with my 2502 router with other one (2501 &
 2503) after some sec the data is been send through the WAN serial cable as
 these routers are sending keep alive packets to each other.
 3- When I place a RS232 tester in between the router's console and the
 computer serial port it gives all the signal except the Rx signal from the
 router.
 4- Console port is giving nothing but AUX port give a ASCII  character when
 power ups and nothing.

 Solution Implemented and tested:
 1- I check the router for every BAUD rate but no help.
 2- I thought the routers power supply is not giving sufficient power to
 router, I changed it with my other router's power supply but no help.
 3- I changed FLASH and DRAM but nothing happened.
 4- I changed the computers console cable with the original one and changed
 computer too but no help.
 5- I reset the routes jumper found just aside with ROM, thinking that IOS is
 corrupted but nothing happened.

 I am sure my router is not completely dead as it is giving packets through
 its WAN interfaces when connected to other router. Any suggestion will be a
 great help for me.

 -Mamoor

Try changing the flow control on your port settings to none.
Rob H.    NP, DP, blah,blah,blah......