The simplest thing to note here is if the ports indicate a "link".

>From DSL -> PC you use a Xover cable.  You should see link on both the dsl
and PC.

>From DSL -> switch you should be using a straight patch.  Do you still see
link?  If not put the Xover in there or check the position of a Xover button
on the dsl box.

Obviously, if link isn't there nothing much is going to happen.

If you see link then I would go into the switch and manually set the port to
match the capabilities of the dsl box.

The 1912 does only 10meg but it does have 2 x 100 meg ports.

The 2924 is auto sensing 10/100 and we have heard often enough on this list
the most times "auto" doesn't work.

On the switch, can you ping the address you assigned to the LAN port of the
dsl box?

On the switch, can you ping a PC?

Of course this presumes that you have configured an IP for the switch(s).

On a PC, can it ping another PC? All the other PCs?

I have 2 one port Linksys DSL boxes working but at the moment I'm using
hubs.  But I have a 5000 and a 1912 I could insert to test.

But, you mention that DNS resolves a name but then times out.

Where are DNS entries on the Pcs pointing to?  the dsl box? or somewhere
else?

Any chance that Yahoo is hard coded in a hosts file so it appears to get
resolved?

Not being able to ping the default gateway is normally a dead give away
that:

1. no physical connectivity (link)
2. wrong subnet mask
3. wrong ip address

And one last possibility, I'd still check for configs on the switches.  Are
there vlans involved here?

Kevin Wigle