If you're not too bothered about actually learning the 700 (I wasn't
either), I'd say that if you read the chapter from the Cisco Press book, you
will know enough to answer the questions. I'd say that deep knowledge is not
a must for the exam, just an understanding of the concepts. I didn't study
the chapter, just read through it.

That may be true for a number of the exams. I've been a bit disappointed on
how little my study work was tested on some of the exams.

Gaz