Hello All,

Could someone please advise as to whether this would be a good addition to
my lab or not.  I would like to eventually pursue my CCIE but right now I
have an option to buy a Nortel ATM 10625 ATM switch for about $275.00.

Currently, I have a CAT 5000 w/ a dual OC-3 MMF blade.  Eventually I would
be adding more equipment to the ATM lab.  However, I would like to be able
to connect the CAT 5000 to turn up the ATM interface and have the ability to
add more equipment in the future.

One of my major questions is are the 25MB ports on this Nortel thing worth
anything to me for learning.  Would the 2 OC-3 ports & their possible
configuration be sufficient for my lab?

Or am I just better off spending a bit more money and getting a lightstream
(like a 100)?

I know these questions may seem really stupid, but I would like to get this
gear so when it comes time to learn I'm ready to go.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jeff

P.S. here is some info on this Nortel ATM switch:

The multimedia switch supports a wide range of video applications over both
T1/E1 and OC-3 wide area networks. Base unit contains 8 x 25 Mb/s ATM ports,
2 x 155 Mb/s (gigabit, fiber, OC-3) ATM ports, 1 x ethernet port, 1 x
console port, and an SNMP agent for browser management support