Imagine that you use 802.1q trunk, with different native vlan on
switches. Traffic from two different vlans will mix between those
two switches, and will flow to the rest of the network. It will
be two IP subnets on one LAN.

BTW, see:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t3/dtbridge.htm

Sasa