To me load sharing would be for example having two parallel paths to a
destination and two equal cost routes, with fast switching or CEF per
destination switching some connections take path A others path B.  With
process switching or CEF per packet you get load balancing, one packet
down path A the second packets goes down path B etc...

  BGP doesn't do load balancing though with Cisco IOS you can peer to
loopbacks, ebgp multihop and remote source loopback x to loadbalance.

  If you have two differant providers then your dual homed and doing
full routing may be what you want to do.  You can't exaclty load balance
but if your upstreams are both simililarily connected, (i.e. both tier 1
or tier 2 connected for example) you should get some balance, if not
there are many knobs in BGP you can turn to influence the routing
decisions.

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"