Hi All

I have a Cat5k with a gigabit ethernet switching module and 3 slots with
fibre gbics. I've connected a gb-ethernet from a PIX and from the Cat5k side
everything is up and OK, from the PIX though it's down. I've swapped out the
fibre patch leads and test both interfaces of the PIX in a 6k and everything
has come up OK. See the show int's below.  Any special config's to get this
set-up to work? or is this a bug or an unsupported configuration ?

PIX4IntrAnet(config)# sh int gb-ethernet1

interface gb-ethernet1 "inside" is up, line protocol is down

Hardware is i82543 rev02 gigabit ethernet, address is 0003.470d.5df3

IP address X.X.X.X, subnet mask 255.255.255.240

MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1 Gbit full duplex

0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer

Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants

0 input errors, 0 CRC, 6061 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort

26 packets output, 2176 bytes, 0 underruns

PIX4IntrAnet(config)#

NLCEE0CS1> (enable) sh port 5/3

Port Name Status Vlan Level Duplex Speed Type

----- ------------------ ---------- ---------- ------ ------ ----- ---------
---

5/3 IntrAnet connected 4 normal full 1000 1000BaseSX

Port Trap IfIndex

----- -------- -------

5/3 disabled 120

Port Broadcast-Limit Broadcast-Drop

-------- --------------- --------------

5/3 - 0

Port Send FlowControl Receive FlowControl RxPause TxPause Unsupported

admin oper admin oper opcodes

----- -------- -------- -------- -------- ------- ------- -----------

5/3 off off off off 0 0 0

Port Align-Err FCS-Err Xmit-Err Rcv-Err UnderSize

----- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------

5/3 0 0 0 0 0

Port Single-Col Multi-Coll Late-Coll Excess-Col Carri-Sen Runts Giants

---

5/3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Last-Time-Cleared

Sun Jun 3 2001, 11:03:21