Have you looked at the nat translations?  Clearing them may help. This is
something I have to keep an eye on for my pix 515.
Lori

-----Original Message-----
From: Agnelo Dsouza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 7:39 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: problem with Pix [7:18945]

Hi,
   we're using pix 515 with failover. The firewall has 6 ethernet
interfaces.
One of the interfaces is connected to bay accelar 1100 switch.
The interface is set to 100full duplex
There is a local area network behind accelar.
At times connectivity from the local area network to outside world is lost
even though the pix interface can be (reached)pinged.All other interfaces
work
properly.
tried changing the port on accelar connecting to pix, but the problem
continues.
does anyone know solution to this problem

Tommy