Yes, a single device can represent the core and distribution layers.  That's
your typical collapsed core.  However, what of a link between two collapsed
core devices.  If it's not a trunk link, how does it carry traffic that
originated in a VLAN?  How do you truly terminate the VLAN at the
distribution layer?

I've got an idea, but I just can't solidify all the pieces currently.

I eagerly await Tony's answer.

  -- Leigh Anne