Hi All ,
      I finally cleared CCIE written on my second attempt , i had failed by
scoriong only 65%  in my first attempt .  This time I got 80% .  The lowest
on all the sections was on LAN with 60% .
   This is the second time I have ever failed a test , out of my lat 25
tests given for Microsoft and Cisco , but it is a straight  test overall
which tests you thoroughly on all networking technologies
        . I had not prepared myself for DecNET , Appletalk and I was not
quite well prepared on ATM as well .there were a few questions on these
topics and lots of questions based on  diagrams ,
the list of books which I had used for preparation were as follows :
1) Network Design and Case Studies
2) Routing TCP/IP part 1 and 2
3) OSPF Netowork Design and Case studies
4) Cisco Lan Switching
5)  BSCN
6)Cisco Internetwork Design
  Some of the best materials are available on Cisco's web site as well .

The test is very well prepared and tests you thoroughly overall in all
topics , with some tricky questions as well . Be sure to read each and every
word in this test , as there are 100 questions in it with limited time .
     I shall now be preparing for my home lab as I am planning to give my my
first lab attempt by May next year after I complete my certification on
security , I had compelted my MCNS test  last month.
      How good are the practice labs offered by Cisco ? Any feedback on it
is welcome . I am looking out for study partner in India for the lab test  ,
if anyone is interested do contact me offline .

    Thanks everyone out here for your valuable contributions for this test .

--
Navin Parwal