I was just cruising on the dice jobs board when something caught my
attention.

dice.com/DandL/k/ktii.213.html (paste into your browser)

This is the first time that I've personally seen a recruiter target a number
range for a CCIE job!!!

My question aloud is this -

With the impending CCIE #10,XXX coming by next year are we going to find
that there is going to be the perception that the higher your number the
less value to the customer/employer/client.

Of course, the headhunter/manager will never even comprehend that the CCIE
made today has a much broader range to cover as say the CCIE of 3 to 5 years
ago. NO, I NOT BASHING ANYONE JUST STATING A FACT.. :-)

DAMN! I knew I should not have procrastinated for the past year before
stepping up to the lab. I can just hear it now.

Me: "Yes, I'm CCIE #xyz"

Headhunter: "Thank you, but we're looking for a CCIE from block #abc"

I hope this does not become the quid pro quo among
managers/headhuters/recruiter or this could be a bad sign for the CCIE in
the long run.

Just MY percecption I guess!