Well, I will suggest a small home lab that is not costly, then use some
online remote lab rental to do more complex scenarios to prepare for the
more real CCIE lab exam.

You could find some great online lab at lower cost on eBay.com. Sometimes
they have those on auctions at even lower price during promotion. Here is
one that I would recommend:

Networkforce.com

Have Fun !

jc0