as I suggested in my private note, there are two things to consider.

thing 1 is how routes are put into routing tables.

thing 2 is how forwarding decisions are made.

forget the static route for a minute. suppose you had a router that was
simultaneously running EIGRP and OSPF, or OSPF and RIPv2, or EIGRP and
IS-IS. never mind the specifics, but if the router learns about a router
10.50.0.0/16 via one of the protocols, and 10.48.0.0/12 from the other, what
happens, in terms of what is placed into the routing table?

one must separate the routing table from the processes that place routes
into routing tables.

in the case you state, yes indeed the router "believes" there are two
networks out there. same as it would if you were to place two static
routes - 10.50.1.1/32 and 10.50.0.0/16 Perhaps we should say "destinations"
in order to be a bit more clear?

In the case you present, the two networks are 10.48.0.0/12, which includes
10.48.0.1 through 10.63.255.254, and the 10.50.0.0/16, which includes
10.50.0.1 through 10.50.255.254

if a packet arrives at the router interface, and the destination address is
10.50.x.y, then so long as the routing table is intact, the forwarding
choice will be the /16 network. If the 10.50.0.0/16 route has been flushed,
due to a failure, then that route will have been removed from the routing
table, leaving the /12 net as the choice.